Gustavo Capone

“FSU has taught me lessons that have helped me grow into a better person and professional, and this growth has been beyond my original expectations,” said Capone, who earned his bachelor’s degree from the Department of Psychology with a minor from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.

Capone, who graduated with Liberal Studies Honors, plans to work as a medical assistant, a tutor for the medical college admission test, and a crisis hotline volunteer before applying to medical schools with hopes of becoming a medical doctor and providing greater health equity for all ethnic and socioeconomic groups.

“When I moved to Tallahassee from Sao Paulo, Brazil, I came with the intention of attaining the best education I could. I chose FSU because of its rigorous academic reputation, extensive amount of research and extracurricular opportunities, and the school’s commitment to a student-centered education,” Capone said. “I’ve been thankful to participate in the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program; the Golden Key International Honor Society; the National Society of Collegiate Scholars; the Power of We; the Honors, Scholars, and Fellows Student Advisory Board; and serve as a learning assistant for several different STEM courses.”